Top Skincare Tips
As a Dentist, I believe in the prevention of dental disease like tooth decay and gum disease. I always recommend a rotating electric toothbrush, as power brushing removes more plaque effectively to keep the gums healthy. I use similar theories when it comes to my skincare.
Step 1 - Cleansing
I personally use a double cleansing technique at night.
This ensures that make up, dirt, grime and bacteria are removed from my skin and it will be ready to absorb the ingredients of my skin regime.
1. Good quality wash off cleansers or balms with a warm wet towel to remove impurities.
2. Teoxane Micellar water 3-in-1 soaked on a cotton wool pad wiped over the skin to tone & to remove any excess dirt & make up including around the eyes, leaving a squeaky-clean surface, there is no need to rinse.
I just use the Teoxane Micellar water to cleanse my skin in the morning.
Step 2 - Serums
Skin needs a variety of nutrients to keep it looking hydrated and radiant.
Hyaluronic Acid - For Hydration
Vitamin C - To brighten skin & even skin tone
Retinol - Anti-ageing
To gain the benefits of all three types, I apply a few drops of one type of nutrient serum on alternating days.
Step 3 - Hydration, Protection DAY
My absolute must is to use a day cream with an SPF 30. It will protect against UV damage, which can cause premature ageing of the skin and pigmentation.
Teoxane Advanced Protection Shield is my favourite cream. It contains SPF 30 protecting against UVA & UVB. It has other stimulating ingredients with anti-ageing hydrating properties. It has a tint which blends to any skin tone, so it can be worn alone but I think it is a wonderful primer.
Step 4 - Repair, Renew NIGHT
I vary the following products each night:
1) Teoxane Skin Refiner - which contains a perfect balance of 10% Glycolic Acid & Resilient Hyaluronic Acid providing exfoliation, hydration and smoothness.
2) Skinesis from Sarah Chapman - a beautiful blend of healing and nourishing oils with a wonderful aroma.
3) M&S Night Formula - is rich and hydrating
4) Deep Repair Balm - which is soothing & hydrating. It is also especially good if I have irritated skin as it is a good healer.
Step 5 - Specialist Areas
In addition, I use specific products for certain areas:
1) Eye Cream - Daily - My favourite eye cream is from Teoxane, as it contains Vitamin C and has a tint which treats and conceals dark circles. It is light and hydrating, reduces puffiness and fine lines. It is important to only use a tiny amount of eye cream, otherwise I find it makes the eye area heavy , clogged and puffy.
2) Neck Cream - I apply with the back of my hands and knead into the neck. I then extend the application down onto my chest. Products I like to use for this area are from Clarins, Carita and Niod. Decleor's Prolagene is great for the neck area too and as a special healer.
3) Specialist Product on Pigmentation Marks
I apply Kiehls Antipigment Spot Corrector on the marks directly for during the day.
At night, a stronger preparation from Mesoesthetic Dermamelan directly on affected areas.
Both products have helped reduce these marks and even my skin tone.
4) Overnight Treatment - My clients and I have been amazed by the results from using Teoxane’s Radiant Night Peel; an at home treatment that contains 15% glycolic acid . It is good to use for 10-15 nights especially after a holiday to renew your skin . It is an absolute must that a daycream with an SPF 30 is used following this treatment and it should only be used 3 times a year.
Once a week - Exfoliation
I exfoliate my skin with my favourite Phytopeel from Decleor. It is gentle but really effective . It can even be used around the delicate eye area.
I then apply a hydrating, detoxifying or anti-ageing mask from Carita , Decleor or Elemis ranges. I actually leave the mask on overnight as a night cream.
I particularly like the Teoxane Products as they have made such a difference to my skin quality. Teoxane contains Resilient Hyaluronic Acid, which strengthens the skin barrier.
In addition, there are antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids to protect and revitalise. The Novhyal ingredients stimulates the synthesis of Hyaluronic Acid essential for healthy hydrated skin.
For the full range of Teoxane products, please check the cosmeceuticals page on the website.
I hope you find my tips of my skin regime useful. It is really important to look after you skin.
Protect, Nourish & Hydrate.
Until next time....